What is Robot Checking

What is Robot Checking? It shows up on my lists, but images do not. and Links don’t work when it is here. I am bringing links in from Amazon in the same way as always.Nothing seems to work right.

Carolyn, sometimes Amazon shuts off access to their page when you add links using the add item button. We try to get information from that link and instead of getting data from that page, Amazon serves the robot page. It does not happen (or should not) happen often and the same link will work a few minutes later.

1. Can you share the list you have trouble with so we can explore how we can work around it?

2. If you use, Google Chrome browser, you can use the Listly Extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/listly/bnohaknhjanaejcegmlbhiknhcfkajbb?hl=en) to add items from Amazon to your Listly list. It’s a lot more convenient and you won’t get a robot page.

Please do post the link to your list here so we can see what’s going on.

Shyam

http://list.ly/list/pT2-garden-tool-bucket-caddy
I just put the book in to see if it was working. So today seems fine.
Everything else on this page was put in several days ago, and these links just do not work. still.
Glad the rest is fine now. Thanks for the help.
carolyn

hello. It is still doing Robot Check. Cleared uplast night. Now nothing works again. What to do?

Can you share some of the Amazon links you are trying to add? Just paste them here and we will check for you immediately

this list I did last evening. It worked fine then, now gives no links thru.

today I was trying to get a short link to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005YX30?keywords=hand%20tool%20caddy&qid=1454362244&ref_=sr_1_2&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2 it gave me Robot Checking

This Robot check is acting like a virus. Sojme of the existing lists don’t take me to the Almazon listing, while others still do. Those that don’t just give me an enlarged picture right on the list.ly site.

The site with Zazzle products is not affected. Yet.
cc

We are making some changes to how we grab data from Amazon when you add a link to a list. It should be released today

Regarding existing links that don’t take you to Amazon site, can you share a list and a particular item where this happens?

http://list.ly/list/wYs-top-rated-beds-for-dogs that list, and the first pet bed past Affiliate disclaimer.

Majestic Pet 52-Inch Bagel Bed for Pets,

Carolyn, in the gallery layout, clicking on the image shows the larger image and clicking on the link above the image takes you to the link. We do this because many Listly users use the gallery layout to showcase images and want to show a larger image when clicked. In other layouts (list, magazine, minimal), clicking on the image will take you to the link.

We can see how you’d want to showcase products as a gallery and have the click take you to the product page (on Amazon or elsewhere).

Based on your question/feedback, we might consider making this customizable.

OK, as I now understand the lists List is a pic and desription clicking on image takes me to Source/Amazon.
Magazine gives me large images, gallery gives me the 3 or 4 in a row, that turns big if the image is clicked, but not back to Amazon when image is clicked.OK, I think I got that part.

But still don’t get Robot checking on one URL and not on another. Still getting it on the URL above, but not on another on the same big page in Amazon. In List layout.

And yes, I would like to have the picture in Gallery take me to amazon. Seems to me if I want big pics I should use Magazine, but I understand that is a still different thing. I will adjust… If I can stop being seen as a robot! (Unless it is a cute little one like on Star Wars!)

We have changed how we process Amazon links. You should not get robot check on those links anymore. We are still working on clicks in gallery mode to still follow link if there’s one instead of showing larger image.

Good work with Robot Checking. seems to be working fine now.

Now I can’t get curate to change the order of my items. Tried 2 sites yesterday. both move around to where I want thim when I am in Curate. But nothing changes in the actual site…

Is there a save button I missed?

The list is probably displayed in a default order different from “curated”. You can edit the list and set the default order to curated.