Listly service not available

Hello I have just installed Listly on my website. I created an account and got my Publisher Key.
When I enter the ky on the settings page this message comes up: No connectivity or Listly service not available. Try later.
Does anybody know what’s wrong?

Typically this means that your WordPress installation cannot access the Internet and therefore Listly servers or the Listly servers are down.

The Listly servers are working fine and haven’t been down.

Is your WordPress installation on the Intranet? Can you open a terminal window on your WordPress installation and try the following to see if you get back HTML for Listly?

curl "http://list.ly/"

I don’t know how to open a terminal window on my WordPress installation.
Can it be that my wordpress version is 4.6.1 , and Listly is compatible up to 4.5.4?

There’s no terminal window inside WordPress. You need to access it on the server where WordPress is installed. Typically you ssh into your WordPress server and that’s your terminal.

Listly mentions 4.5.4, but works with 4.6.1. We have to make a small update to mention 4.6.1.

Where is your WordPress server hosted? Is your WordPress server installed behind a corporate/educational organization’s firewall? If so, you might check with your network admin and ask them to allow traffic back and forth to Listly servers. They might have to whitelist Listly servers.

My website is hosted at Wealthy Affiliate. I will contact them and fix this issue because I really liked Listly.
Thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

@Athanasia were you able to resolve this with Wealthy Affiliates? We’d be happy to chat with any sys admin there to find and resolve issues.

Let us know.

Yes I did resolve it. :slight_smile:
I’m about to create my first list.
I have a question though. Since the lists can be published in many websites isn’t that considered as duplicate content from google?