All my lists on my wordpress site have stopped showing up

all the lists on my wordpress site have vanished… wordpress is updated to newest version as is the List.ly plugin and the only thing I’ve changed is to move the site from http to https (added ssl) oh and a new IP but that should not create any problems…

here’s an example … the list.ly code shows up at the bottom of the post…

Thanks

Craig

Craig, your site acts like there’s no Listly Plugin installed. Usually we load the URL like this:

and it will send us a ping, but I don’t see it on our end. This can happen for two reasons:

1. Listly Plugin is not installed properly (can you uninstall and install again?)

2. The short code is somehow being considered a string instead of a short code. So Listly plugin is not even invoked. To debug this, can you make a new test post and insert short code there to see if it works?

Ok I deleted the plugin and reinstated a fresh copy and no change, I also added the short code to a new post and got nothing… Note, the list.ly widget shows up in the right hand post admin column like always and allows me to choose which list I want the code for and sends me to your site to get the code… so that all works.

the only changes are the ssl and the dedicated ip … crap

Craig

Craig, we are still trying to figure this out - we are waiting for our WordPress Plugin developer to look at it. He’s in a different timezone. Hold on and we should get this sorted out soon.

Craig, the short code in your source looks like this with ” HTML code instead of a quote. It looks like the code is getting pre-processed before Listly gets a chance to process it. Again, in the next 2-3 hours we should have our WP developer look at this and find out what might be going on.

Do you use any other plugins that use short codes?

Craig,

There seems to be some issue with the Listly shortcode on your site, specifically the curly quotes.

This is what you have on your site:

And this is how it should be:

I have used Notepad so you can clearly see the difference between curly and regular quotes.

Could you please use the following code on one of your post and see if this works:

[listly id="ddS" layout="full" show_header="true" show_author="true" show_sharing="false" show_tools="false" per_page="25"]

Craig, have you tried to see why the curly quotes are appearing instead of regular quotes? It’s either in cut and paste of the short code or another thing that might be happening is that a different plugin is changing the content (adds curly quotes) before Listly has a chance to process the short code. And to debug which that plugin is, all the activated plugins on that site has to be activated/deactivated and check each time if it fixed the short code issue.

Can you try this and let us know? I know it’s been almost four days since you had this issue. Trying to resolve without being able to recreate the issue on our environment.