Top ideas for Library Lovers Day!
- Tempt users to have a ‘blind date’ with a book and venture outside their comfort zone! Wrap it in brown paper (tied up with string) and encourage them to take one home as something new and exciting.
- Entice your library patrons to write their own love letter to the library. Put them up on the wall around the poster and show off the love for your library.
- Create a Library Lovers’ Day display of romance books. Decorate the display with red balloons, flowers, or streamers. Don’t forget to share your results on social media using the hashtag #libraryloversday
- Dress up for the day and persuade your colleagues to join in — a touch of red is universally considered romantic.
- Include your users by handing out bookmarks or little chocolate hearts to library visitors who visit through the week of Library Lovers’ Day.