Not Pulling Images and Titles

As of Monday, Dec. 2, Listly is no longer pulling preview images, titles or text from any link. Instead, I’m having to add stock photos and text manually.

I mostly post links from national news websites.Here’s the list:

1 Like

i also noticed that listly is not pulling the data automatically from the urls today. It used to.
is this a temporary bug ?
here is the list : number 4 and 5 have not pulled any data other than the url.

I’m also experiencing this issue…No data being pulled automatically. Is this issue being addressed?

We are looking into this. Will have an update soon

1 Like

We made a lot of improvements to how we handle data when you create a new item. Please do check it out and see if it works better for your needs. @drosen @frank-yates @philip-mcrimmon

The issue seemed to have resolved for a time, but in the last few weeks it has returned. When I add a link to news story, it takes 30-45 seconds to load and all that loads is the URL. The rest of the content (headline, images, excerpt) loads only about 1/5 of the time. Most days, I’m unable to update my list at all because nothing loads.

Following up on this. Listly is basically no longer working except for maybe one day a week. If this keeps up, we’re going to look for an alternative.

@drosen we’ve had some issues with how we parse sites but it should be fixed now. Let us know if continue to have issues

Thanks. Content appears to be loading properly now.

1 Like

@timothywander I believe I am having this issue again. I have a list with links to Twitter, but some are not loading after waiting for a few hours. We plan on embedding this list to our website, but I want to make sure our users can see the previewed link. Thoughts? Thank you very much!

As of the last few days, I’m no longer able to add content from the news outlet The Hill. At least 1/3 of our list content comes from them, so this is a big problem for us. When I try to add a link to a story from The Hill, I get message that says “Access to this page has been denied.” It’s possible The Hill has added something to their site to block Listly. Can you please look into this? We REALLY want to be able to include content from their site.