PreSale Questions about Listly in General & Feature

Hi,

1. How often does list.ly have server issues/downtime? I would imagine our lists are dependent on that?

2. If list.ly decides to shut down, is there a way to export all of our lists somehow? Sorry just want to make sure since we’re completely reliant on list.ly

3. Say I want to create a list of 10 things, but cut it off after 3 with a “view more” link to expand it - is this possible? Is it possible to customize functionality of list.ly or it’s a true SaaS where we can’t do that?

Thank you

Here are the answers, assuming you are most interested in using Listly to create and embed lists on your website/blog

1. How often does list.ly have server issues/downtime? I would imagine our lists are dependent on that?

Not very often. Our uptime is 99.7%. We are built on top of Heroku and Amazon AWS. As such, we do have downtime when there are issues with our infrastructure providers, which happens couple of times a year. We also had a denial of service attack back in February and it took us couple of hours to respond and cut off access to the offending IP addresses.

If you are using Listly WordPress plugin on your WP site to display the Listly lists and Listly has a hiccup, your list will still be displayed on your site since we cache the content locally on the WP plugin. Interactive features won’t work if Listly is down though.

2. If list.ly decides to shut down, is there a way to export all of our lists somehow? Sorry just want to make sure since we’re completely reliant on list.ly

No need to apologize for the question :slight_smile:. You can export lists as CSV, HTML, or PDF anytime if you are a pro user. We are committed to building a profitable company and we have a strong base of paid users to support the growth of Listly.

3. Say I want to create a list of 10 things, but cut it off after 3 with a “view more” link to expand it - is this possible? Is it possible to customize functionality of list.ly or it’s a true SaaS where we can’t do that?

You can customize your embeds quite a bit. For example, when you embed a list, you can choose how many items to display per page. So you can choose 3 items per page and allow users to paginate them three at a time. You can see all possible customizations here: Getting and Customizing Embed Code for a List

Hello Timothy, I guess there is a learning curve to use Listly because I’m lost.

Your pricing seems to be very reasonable depending on whether or not can can build lists based on search terms, and then sync the lists to twitter, but I don’t see how dion’t see how to do that.

Also I would like to know how to delete the current image and the best size for a Headline image so I that my image will display properly.

If possible please reply via email to: admin@paladinmovies.net

Thanks, Ron

@gorillashooting the Twitter list sync feature is Pro only and you cannot try it with a free account. While we continue to support the Twitter list sync feature, we do not recommend that you use Listly exclusively for creating and syncing Twitter lists.

You other questions regarding headline image size can be found here:

And here’s the index of more howto articles:

https://community.list.ly/c/howto